* Getting Started with JPA 2 Tutorial: A beginner’s guide to JPA using EclipseLink as the implementation, MySQL as the DBMS and JUnit for the unit tests. Also, check out “Java Persistence API: a quick intro…“.
* My Top 5 Play Framework Features and Play! Framework Un-features That Really Irk My Inner Geek: Two articles discussing some of the advantages and disadvantages of the Play! web framework.
* Continuous integration methods improve application deployment: A short article highlighting the improvements that Continuous Integration (CI) can provide to application deployment. As discussed, the barrier to entry is too low, while the benefits too big.
* Integration Testing for Java EE: The next step to unit testing should be integration testing and this article by Adam Bien will show you how to perform integration testing in a Java EE 6 environment.
* Automated Testing Solutions for Android: In this article, various Android testing approaches and frameworks are discussed, among them Robotium, Roboelectric, MonkeyRunner and finally the LessPainful service. Don’t forget to check out our article series, “Android Full Application Tutorial”.
* Why should I use JBoss AS7: This article provides reasons on why would someone use the brand new JBoss AS7, including fast deployment, saner class loading, stable hot deployment, JEE6 compatibility, automatic dependency resolution and others.
* Code Writers vs Code Creators: In this article, the author examines the difference between creating software and just writing software. He also argues that when a specific tool is not good for the job, then the option of writing a new tool should be examined.
* Continuous Integration: Why You Don’t Really “Get It”: This article talks about the “thinking” behind Continuous Integration, it attempts to explain the core ideas of CI and at the same time to speak out a little implied condition in CI, i.e. that the integration must not decrease the quality of the code base.
* 5 little things I want from a build: In this article the author discusses some of the ssentials capabilities of a build system, including Dependency management, Build task materialization, QA heuristics support, handling enterprise projects and IDE integration. Also check out “The Ten Minute Build”.
* To Load Test or Not to Load Test: That is not the question: The importance of load testing web applications is discussed in this article. Additionally, the author debunks all the reasons why load testing is considered “hard”.
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for more, here at JavaCodeGeeks.