In this detailed Resource page, we feature an abundance of Xuggler Tutorials!
Xuggler is the easy way to uncompress, modify, and re-compress any media file (or stream) from Java.
Xuggler consists of a set of Java and Native libraries, and comes with two different APIs:
- MediaTools API A simple API for encoding and decoding audio and video.
- Xuggler API An advanced-use API (accessible from MediaTools) for encoding and decoding audio and video.
If you wish to build up your Xuggler knowledge first, check out our Xuggler Development Tutorials.
Xuggler Tutorials – Getting Started
Simple examples based on Xuggler
- Create video from image frames with Xuggler
This was an example on how to create video from image frames with Xuggler.
- Frames capture with Xuggler example
This was an example on how to perform frames capture with Xuggler.
- Modify video file with Xuggler example
This was an example on how to modify video file with Xuggler.
- Transcode mp4 to flv using Xuggler
This is an example that demonstrates how to transcode mp4 to flv using Xuggler. This is a very easy and common transcoding.
- Inspect a video file with Xuggler
This is an example that shows how to inspect a video file with Xuggler in order to obtain useful information about it.
Xuggler Tutorials – Development
Simple examples based on Xuggler Development
- Introduction to Xuggler for Video Manipulation
A soft introduction to Xuggler for video manipulation.
- Xuggler Tutorial: Transcoding and Media Modification
In this part, we are going to see some more exciting capabilities provided by Xuggler and FFmpeg, like video transcoding and media modification.
- Xuggler Tutorial: Frames Capture and Video Creation
In this tutorial, we shall see how to decode video and capture frames, as well as how to create video from scratch.
- RTMP To RTSP re-stream using wowza and xuggler
In this article we will try to give enough information to deal with a complex problem, RTMP to RTSP re-streaming for a live stream. Our solution is based on wowza streaming server that supports both RTMP and RTSP and xuggler that brings the power of FFMPEG in java applications.