* All I Want for Java 8 is… : A Java 8 feature wishlist including Full Runtime Generics Support, JMX 2.0 Features, Improved Date/Time Support and others.
* Application Performance Monitoring in production – Step by Step Guide – Measuring a distributed system: In this article, the author explains step by step how to measure performance on a distributed system. Data collection and correlation, usage and utilization measurement and impact measurement are some issues discussed.
* Amazon EC2 Outage Explained and Lessons Learned: A short and to the point analysis of the recent Amazon EC2 outage accompanied by lessons that Amazon and us should learn.
* Quartz 2.0 Supports Fluent Configuration API and Monitoring of Job Scheduling: New additions in the well established, open source job scheduling framework: Fluent Config API and easier job monitoring.
* How Garbage Collection works in Java: A nice and concise article on garbage collection in Java. Heap generations, types of collector, JVM parameters for GC are all explained..
* Android Fundamentals: Scheduling Recurring Tasks: Nice tutorial on how to use BroadcastReceivers and the AlarmManager service in order to schedule and execute recurring tasks. Also check out our Android related posts and our Android Full Application Tutorial.
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for more, here at JavaCodeGeeks.
Author David Gassner explores Java SE (Standard Edition), the language used to build mobile apps for Android devices, enterprise server applications, and more!
The course demonstrates how to install both Java and the Eclipse IDE and dives into the particulars of programming. The course also explains the fundamentals of Java, from creating simple variables, assigning values, and declaring methods to working with strings, arrays, and subclasses; reading and writing to text files; and implementing object oriented programming concepts. Exercise files are included with the course.