About Alex Soto

The Reality of Developer’s Life

In this post I am going to try to illustrate in a funny way the reality of developer’s life.

This post is a translation of another post written in Spanish.

When you upload something to production environment:

When you find a problem solution without searching in Google:

When you close your IDE without saving the code:

When you try to fix a bug at 3AM:

When your regular expression returns what you expect it:

When my boss reported me that the module I have been working will never be used:

When I show to my boss that I have fixed a bug:

When I upload a code without tests and it works as expected:

When marketing folks show to developers what they have sold:

The first time you apply a CSS to a web page:

When the sysadmin gives you root access:

When you run your script the first time after several hours working on it:

When you go on weekend and everyone else are at office trying to fix all issues:

When your boss finds someone to fix a critical bug:

When you receive an extra paid if project ends before deadline:

When something that had worked on Friday and on Monday did not work:

When you develop without specifications:

When boss tells me that ‘tests are for those who doesn’t know how to code’:

Have you ever life one of these experiences? I hope so, if not maybe you are not a real developer

PD: Original Source In Spanish

Reference: The Reality of Developer’s Life from our JCG partner Alex Soto at the One Jar To Rule Them All blog.

Software Architecture

This guide will introduce you to the world of Software Architecture!

This 162 page guide will cover topics within the field of software architecture including: software architecture as a solution balancing the concerns of different stakeholders, quality assurance, methods to describe and evaluate architectures, the influence of architecture on reuse, and the life cycle of a system and its architecture. This guide concludes with a comparison between the professions of software architect and software engineer.

107 Responses to "The Reality of Developer’s Life"

1. Swathi says:

Really a nice one :)

2. JohnnyXP64 says:

still crying from lauging! so damn true! my last project was exactly the

When you develop without specifications:
    scenario! still loved it thought! :P

the view was great :D

3. anyone know what movie the regex gif is from?

4. Hilarious !! specially

When you develop without specifications:

5. Siva Prasad Reddy says:

Man, I never laughed like this… BTW I am now in a position “When you develop without specifications:” :-)

6. Siva Prasad Reddy says:

The first time you apply a CSS to a web page: reminds me my first week at office…

7. Fenix says:

Hell that I really meet all situation… orz

8. jacinth says:

this one is an Ugly truth for us HHHAHA LOL

9. Haha! I love these! Can totally relate with many of these! :)

10. PBL says:

So funny. I like it, thanks. I am an developer and these images reflect what I am facing day by day. :))

11. Francesco Casula says:

I can’t stop laughing XD

12. bla says:

Thats not for “real developers” its for web developers….

13. Haha, great. Highly recommended.

14. LAS says:

veryy fun :))

15. psepheroth says:

I’m laughing while reading this. I kinda relate to it. :)

16. Some of the most hilarious moments I had in a while … thanks!

17. Viet Tran says:

It’s exactly :D

9 × = eighteen

Java Code Geeks and all content copyright © 2010-2014, Exelixis Media Ltd | Terms of Use

15,153 insiders are already enjoying weekly updates and complimentary whitepapers! Join them now to gain exclusive access to the latest news in the Java world, as well as insights about Android, Scala, Groovy and other related technologies.

As an extra bonus, by joining you will get our brand new e-books, published by Java Code Geeks and their JCG partners for your reading pleasure! Enter your info and stay on top of things,

• Fresh trends