The Apache NetBeans proudly announced the long expected release of Apache NetBeans 11.1 that has a plethora of exciting new features including Payara integration out of the box for the first time, with thanks to the Payara team!
You can download it here https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb111/nb111.html
Bellow are all the new exciting features this version has to offer!
The highlights of enhancements in the Java EE area are the new Java EE 8 support, as well as the new and updated integration with Payara and GlassFish.
- Java EE 8 support, for the first time, for Maven-based and Gradle-based Web applications. The new Java EE 8 support provides the ability to create Java EE 8 applications and deploy to a Java EE 8 container, with new “webapp-javaee8” Maven archetype.
- Payara integration out of the box for the first time, with thanks to the Payara team.
- Support for GlassFish 5.0.1.
The highlights of enhancements in the Java area are the support for new Java language features, integration with Gluon OpenJFX samples, together with enhancements and fixes for usage of the Maven and Gradle build systems.
The highlights of enhancements specifically in the Java Editor area are the support for new Java language features, including those provided by JEP-325 and JEP-330, as well as the initial support for inline parameters.
- Integration of support for JEP-330: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1171
- Initial support for inline parameter name hints for Java: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1247
- Code completion for JEP-325 preview feature for multiple case labels: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1175
- Hint for converting to JEP-325 preview feature for switch expressions: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1193
- Hint to turn on Preview Features in Maven-based Java projects: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1285
- Java Migration profiles: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1212
- “main” is a new shortcut, that does the same as “psvm”, i.e., creates ‘public static void main’: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1176
- Fixing automatic Jigsaw module name generation: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1274
- OpenJFX samples included, with thanks to the Gluon team: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1241
- Java compiler args, e.g., “–enable-preview”, passed to Java editor from Maven: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1173
- JaCoCo Maven integration is broken in NB 11.0: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1286
- Prevent Maven libraries from being excluded: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1271
- Gradle JavaEE Support: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1215
- Initial support for modular Java project in Gradle: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1276
- Java Frontend Application wizard for Gradle: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1154
- Add debugger support for Gradle Web Projects: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1289
- Enable Always show Gradle Build output by default: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1220
- Fixes in the Gradle Java action/replace token providers: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1198
- Polishing Gradle HTML UI: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1279
- Update TestSuites in a Gradle Test Run upon completion: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1254
- Fix startup message re Gradle position info: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1227
Other enhancements broadly related to the Java area are listed below.
- Using Graal.js 19.0.0 via Scripting in platform/core.network: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1092
- Separate Truffle source caches between multiple debugging sessions: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1252
- Syntax coloring for Kotlin “.kt” files: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1228
- Correct license information for Kotlin icon/grammar: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1229
- PHP 7.4: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1199
- Jade template code completion: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1254
- Update PHP samples: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1183
NetBeans Platform / NetBeans APIs
- Create Mode from client code: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1135
- Adding Java-level registration for TextMate grammars: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1200
- Missing source level 11 and 12 in a NetBeans module project: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1194
- Fixed “Behavior of BooleanStateAction has changed” issue: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1250
- HiDPI splash screen with product version: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1246
- Improve tabcontrol border appearance (HiDPI): https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1284
- Improve icon scaling on HiDPI displays, and prepare ImageUtilities for HiDPI icons: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1273