Deploying Che 7 to Minishift with chectl
You need the latest Minishift and chectl releases.
Fetch them like this (or similar):
cd ~/bin curl -sSL https://github.com/che-incubator/chectl/releases/download/20190628062929/chectl-linux -o chectl chmod +x chectl
cd /tmp curl -sSL https://github.com/minishift/minishift/releases/download/v1.34.0/minishift-1.34.0-linux-amd64.tgz -o minishift.tgz tar xvzf minishift.tgz mv minishift*/minishift ~/bin/ chmod +x ~/bin/minishift
- Start up minishift.
- Log in once startup is complete.
oc login 192.168.MY.IP:8433 -u system -p admin
- To watch the events and see which images are pulled, see this document.
- Deploy Che to minishift:
chectl server:start -a minishift-addon -p minishift
- Fix the plugin registry URL to use the latest version:
oc set env dc/che CHE_WORKSPACE_PLUGIN__REGISTRY__URL=https://che-plugin-registry.openshift.io/v3
Y ou can open the console for the che deployment to verify your change has been applied:
You should see:
CHE_WORKSPACE_PLUGIN__REGISTRY__URL = https://che-plugin-registry.openshift.io/v3
- Wait for redeployment to complete.
- Once running, you can see your Che instance here:
- If you then add a new workspace, you can see even more images pulled in the openshift event log.
Published on Java Code Geeks with permission by Nick Boldt , partner at our JCG program. See the original article here: Deploying Che 7 to Minishift with chectl
Opinions expressed by Java Code Geeks contributors are their own.