In the new release, some interesting features are included:
- Hibernate Search now supports spatial queries. With the Spatial extensions you can combine fulltext queries with restrictions based on distance from a point in space, filter results based on distances from coordinates or sort results on such a distance criteria.
- Compatibility with Apache Lucene 3.6, the suggested version being 3.6.2
- Integration with Apache Tika for indexing files like MP3 or word documents (as well as the indexing the metadata of those files)
- JBoss AS 7 simplified integration via a set of modules
- Performance improvements for the Near Real Time support
- Compatibility with the latest Hibernate ORM 4.1.9.Final
In order to migrate to the latest version, follow the Hibernate Search Migration Guide.Related Whitepaper:
Get ready to program in a whole new way!
Functional Programming in Java will help you quickly get on top of the new, essential Java 8 language features and the functional style that will change and improve your code. This short, targeted book will help you make the paradigm shift from the old imperative way to a less error-prone, more elegant, and concise coding style that’s also a breeze to parallelize. You’ll explore the syntax and semantics of lambda expressions, method and constructor references, and functional interfaces. You’ll design and write applications better using the new standards in Java 8 and the JDK.