In the new release, some interesting features are included:
- Hibernate Search now supports spatial queries. With the Spatial extensions you can combine fulltext queries with restrictions based on distance from a point in space, filter results based on distances from coordinates or sort results on such a distance criteria.
- Compatibility with Apache Lucene 3.6, the suggested version being 3.6.2
- Integration with Apache Tika for indexing files like MP3 or word documents (as well as the indexing the metadata of those files)
- JBoss AS 7 simplified integration via a set of modules
- Performance improvements for the Near Real Time support
- Compatibility with the latest Hibernate ORM 4.1.9.Final
In order to migrate to the latest version, follow the Hibernate Search Migration Guide.Related Whitepaper:
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition is a widely used platform for enterprise server programming in the Java programming language.
This book covers exciting recipes on securing, tuning and extending enterprise applications using a Java EE 6 implementation.The book starts with the essential changes in Java EE 6. Then they will dive into the implementation of some of the new features of the JPA 2.0 specification, and look at implementing auditing for relational data stores.They will then look into how they can enable security for their software system using Java EE built-in features as well as using the well-known Spring Security framework. They will then look at recipes on testing various Java EE technologies including JPA, EJB, JSF, and Web services.Next they will explore various ways to extend a Java EE environment with the use of additional dynamic languages as well as frameworks.At the end of the book, they will cover managing enterprise application deployment and configuration, and recipes that will help you debug problems and enhance the performance of your applications.