Jasperreports is a free downloadable library that can be used for generating rich reports for Java EE applications. This guide also provides the steps to generate report templates using Jasper iReport designer.
- JBoss BRMS 5.3 (from customer portal, http://access.redhat.com)
- JasperReports 4.6.0
- Jasper iReports
- Maven (for building report server)
- Ant (for building JasperReports)
Adding on JasperReports
Just follow these steps to get it up and running.
- install JBoss BRMS 5.3 standalone.
- create the following directories in in BRMS install
- Jasperreports 4.6.0.jar
Customization and editing .jrxml file
- Follow the document JasperReports-Ultimate-Guide-3.0 in docs folder at $path_to_jasper/jasperreports-4.6.0-project\jasperreports-4.6.0\docs
- Download and install Jasper iReports designer from the following location
Reference: JBoss BRMS 5.3 – Adding on JasperReports for Reporting from our JCG partner Eric D. Schabell at the Thoughts on Middleware, Linux, software, cycling and other news… blog.
Get ready to program in a whole new way!
Functional Programming in Java will help you quickly get on top of the new, essential Java 8 language features and the functional style that will change and improve your code. This short, targeted book will help you make the paradigm shift from the old imperative way to a less error-prone, more elegant, and concise coding style that’s also a breeze to parallelize. You’ll explore the syntax and semantics of lambda expressions, method and constructor references, and functional interfaces. You’ll design and write applications better using the new standards in Java 8 and the JDK.