Jasperreports is a free downloadable library that can be used for generating rich reports for Java EE applications. This guide also provides the steps to generate report templates using Jasper iReport designer.
- JBoss BRMS 5.3 (from customer portal, http://access.redhat.com)
- JasperReports 4.6.0
- Jasper iReports
- Maven (for building report server)
- Ant (for building JasperReports)
Adding on JasperReports
Just follow these steps to get it up and running.
- install JBoss BRMS 5.3 standalone.
- create the following directories in in BRMS install
- Jasperreports 4.6.0.jar
Customization and editing .jrxml file
- Follow the document JasperReports-Ultimate-Guide-3.0 in docs folder at $path_to_jasper/jasperreports-4.6.0-project\jasperreports-4.6.0\docs
- Download and install Jasper iReports designer from the following location
Reference: JBoss BRMS 5.3 – Adding on JasperReports for Reporting from our JCG partner Eric D. Schabell at the Thoughts on Middleware, Linux, software, cycling and other news… blog.
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition is a widely used platform for enterprise server programming in the Java programming language.
This book covers exciting recipes on securing, tuning and extending enterprise applications using a Java EE 6 implementation.The book starts with the essential changes in Java EE 6. Then they will dive into the implementation of some of the new features of the JPA 2.0 specification, and look at implementing auditing for relational data stores.They will then look into how they can enable security for their software system using Java EE built-in features as well as using the well-known Spring Security framework. They will then look at recipes on testing various Java EE technologies including JPA, EJB, JSF, and Web services.Next they will explore various ways to extend a Java EE environment with the use of additional dynamic languages as well as frameworks.At the end of the book, they will cover managing enterprise application deployment and configuration, and recipes that will help you debug problems and enhance the performance of your applications.