Automation testing, artificial intelligence in testing, machine learning …
Technology advancements have always instilled a small fear among humans. On one side, it accelerates the work and makes things easier, but on the other side, there is a misconception that technology alone is enough to run the business.
So, will technology replace humans?
Short answer – No.
Let us dive a little deeper. Automation testing has been around for almost two to three decades now.
There are so many updates, features, or products that are released on a daily basis. These products undergo rigorous testing before they are released in the market.
Every day we see thousands of new products and apps in the market. A lot of testing procedures have to be performed before releasing it. Automation helps you test faster. It focuses on numerical or logical assessments which in turn have to be powered by a tester.
Humans are capable of taking swift decisions on the performance level, which is quite difficult for a machine to accomplish. Manual testing plays a critical role in Quality Assurance. A 100% automated QA team will deliver faster results but will miss out on improving quality. A mix of manual and automated testing helps products improve quality and stability.
The Difference Between Automation And Manual Testing
Whether to choose automation or manual testing depends on three factors:
- The Purpose Of The Test
- Usability And Run Time
- Availability Of Resources
You can refer to the below video tutorial on how to perform manual testing on LambdaTest.
Managing Automation And Manual Tests Together
Automation and manual testing are two different entities that cater to different audiences. Therefore it is essential to manage both together.
- Orchestrate Testing: Have a resource to orchestrate testing. Ensure that there is visibility across the QA team on the tasks that need to be performed.
- Be Consistent With Names And Conventions: Use industry-standard naming conventions for your tests. This helps your team in improving communication and that way everybody is on the same page.
- Group Tests: Grouping tests helps manage tests easily. You can group tests based on testers, metrics etc.
- Get Your Devices: When you are performing automation and manual testing in parallel, there is a high chance that your QA team will have to wait for the devices. Ensure that your testers get the right devices that they need to start testing immediately. LambdaTest is a cloud-based test management platform that gives you instant access to 3000+ devices, browser versions, and operating system environments. Over 500 enterprises and 600,000+ users across 130+ countries rely on LambdaTest for their test execution needs.
You can start testing immediately with a lifetime free account.