Jasperreports is a free downloadable library that can be used for generating rich reports for Java EE applications. This guide also provides the steps to generate report templates using Jasper iReport designer.
- JBoss BRMS 5.3 (from customer portal, http://access.redhat.com)
- JasperReports 4.6.0
- Jasper iReports
- Maven (for building report server)
- Ant (for building JasperReports)
Adding on JasperReports
Just follow these steps to get it up and running.
- install JBoss BRMS 5.3 standalone.
- create the following directories in in BRMS install
- Jasperreports 4.6.0.jar
Customization and editing .jrxml file
- Follow the document JasperReports-Ultimate-Guide-3.0 in docs folder at $path_to_jasper/jasperreports-4.6.0-project\jasperreports-4.6.0\docs
- Download and install Jasper iReports designer from the following location
Reference: JBoss BRMS 5.3 – Adding on JasperReports for Reporting from our JCG partner Eric D. Schabell at the Thoughts on Middleware, Linux, software, cycling and other news… blog.