SpringSource just announced the first milestone release toward Spring 3.2. The new release is now available from the SpringSource repository at http://repo.springsource.org/.
Check out a quick tutorial on resolving these artifacts via Maven.
This release includes:
- Initial support for asynchronous @Controller methods
- Early support for JCache-based cache providers
- Significant performance improvements in autowiring of non-singleton beans
- Initial delay support for @Scheduled and
- Ability to choose between multiple executors with @Async
- Enhanced bean profile selection using the not (!) operator
- 48 bugs fixed, 8 new features and 36 improvements implemented
Some Java Code Geeks articles to kick-start you with Spring:
- Set up a Spring 3 development environment
- Gradle archetype for Spring applications
- Transaction configuration with JPA and Spring 3.1
- Spring 3.1 Cache Abstraction Tutorial
Happy Spring coding..!!