We are looking for a Full Stack Java Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for new feature development, improvements, and defect removal for highly available cloud-based messaging platforms. You will gather and further define requirements, estimate and plan sprint activity, and coordinate with Technical Writing and Usability engineers as needed. Lastly, you will build and test solutions to maintain our 99.99% availability and high customer satisfaction rating.
You got this? Keep Reading…
Five Things Our Employee Handbook Won’t Tell You
Don’t apply if: You’re not familiar with Spring Framework.
Serve the competition in one sweet dance move: The original Michael Jackson robot.
Your office softball team name: Masters of Marketing Automation.
Personalized license plate you’ll need to buy: EC2S3RDS
Items routinely smuggled from the supply closet at this company: Drinks, Snacks and Coffee.
Because Life is Better With Bullet Points
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Quickly become expert in the products and features we offer
- Learn in detail the infrastructure and application architecture for all components
- Actively contribute to requirements specifications for new and enhanced features
- Review feature requirements and logged defects as assigned and provide quality solutions (scope, clarify, design, implement, test)
- Provide pre and post sales escalated customer support as required by Sales and Support organizations
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Master’s preferred
- 6+ years of experience developing and maintaining enterprise or commercial applications
- 4+ years of experience in a Java Developer role
- Experience as a back-end engineer
- Can efficiently design and optimize RDBMS schemas and queries
- Experienced in resilient design concepts including SOA, loose coupling, message queuing, scalable redundancy, geographically distributed systems, etc
- Prior experience developing cloud-based commercial API solutions
- Not only has a deep understanding of Java as a programming language, but understands how JVMs function and how code impacts and is impacted by infrastructure resources (memory, CPU, disk, network) in a virtualized environment
- Very comfortable and productive within Agile teams
- Competent and active proponent of DevOps principles
- Strong advocate of build, test, and deployment automation
- Some familiarity developing and deploying applications into AWS including: EC2, S3, RDS/MySQL, RedShift, CloudWatch
- US Citizen or legal permanent resident
Tags: Java Engineer, Back end Development, Front end Development
EOE – M/F/V/D