The world is fast moving and so the technologies. Each and every aspect of our lives depends upon technology update. From the Top to Bottom of our daily life we see the applications of technology and it may be in the computer or may be in mobile or maybe in some real-time aspects. The technology is awesome but the platform behind that chosen by the Programmer or developer. Now the matter is that who is the programmer and what is the background? That should be left a special impact on the technology that they are developing. The technology lucidity entirely depends upon the ease of coding. The programming language may be hard or easy, but the approach should be well understood to the user as the developer is there to develop a new product with the application of the programming language and that product seems to be well accepted by the customers worldwide. That brings the concept of application lucidity as the customer is looking for the product to be handy and have an easy access. This developer to the customer or specifically used interface can be done with the concept, with application approach.
So, to make some good application, well accessible language is necessary and as we are standing in 2018, we should look for the language with a creamy layer. Most of the running in the present era, two of them are the giants, Python and Java. Both are open source so the resources can be accessed very easily. But they are in the tussle. They are now among the top five lists in the world and leading in most of the applications.
Java is an open source programming language. It was officially introduced in 1996 by Games Gosling and Sun Microsystems while promoting the interactive TV system. Java was then adopted as for basically space consumption as the then browser had too less space to accommodate the dynamic HTML script. Java is well capable for this kind of interface by consuming less space. Java was first initiated using C/C++ like syntax and it was facilitated with “Write Once, Run Anywhere (WORA)” means it supports the platform independence. Java has several features like simple, object-oriented, robust, multithreaded and secured. It is basically a compiled language where the code is translated first to bytecode and after that, the bytecode is being executed. At the initial stage of introduction, Java was a slower language compared to the C++. But after the introduction of Just-in-Time Compilation in 1997 and with a launch of Java 1.1, Java became faster in execution. Java is applied in the small computation to lump sum applications. The application area is vast. Its application field lies,
- Mobile application
- Embedded System
- Desktop applications and Graphical User Interface(GUI)
- Enterprise applications like API
- Scientific Computations
So, in the real world, Java is everywhere and it is run n more or less 3 million devices in the world.
Python is an open source programming language. It was developed and released by Guido Van Rossum in 1991. This is one of the easy and expressing languages. Python is supported by C++ syntax in the background. It is object-oriented and high-level language. Due to its syntax and approach portability, it’s demand is increasing exponentially in the market in the field of scientific calculations to data visualization. The subsidy libraries of python, that are open source, are similarly characterized by their lucidity and so the control over the approach using those will be in a grip of the programmer. Python is an interpreted language and does not support compilation. Being easy and expressive, the code written in python is very easy to read and understand. Apart from the conventional language like Java, the operation in pythons like file handling, data fetching, array manipulation, Data analysis, and data visualization are done very easily as for it’s expressive commands. Also, Python supports extension to other languages like C, C++, MATLAB etc.
The notable application fields of Python are,
- Web Development
- Scientific Computations
- Numeric Calculations
- Graphical User Interface
- Software Development
- Data Mining
- Data Visualization
They are the very common aspects and features of Python and Java. Now we look into the topic deals with comparisons between the two.
3. Java vs Python in 2018 – Detailed Comparison
As these two are the widely used language in development and some recent study structure, there are still some pros and cons for which they need to be compared for finding out the one suitable and portable for all application aspects.
- Java statically types whereas Python is dynamically typed which makes the better essence of python. Dynamically typed language provides a facility to the programmer to assign the value to a variable without assigning it type. So in this aspect Python is better.
- Python is interpreted language whereas Java is a compiled one. In this scenario, when Java code is about to be executed, first it is compiled and create the bytecode and in the second step, the bytecode is being executed. Whereas in python, The bytecode is generated in the runtime. That’s why in Java two types error can be found, Compile Time Error and Run Time Error but for python, only Traceback Error or Runtime error is found.
- Python and Java both have enormous open source library support for different aspects like array operation, data operation etc. If the programmer or the developer faces a problem during their coding, they surely can get an extensive support over the internet where all sources are available.
- Another aspect is the security over data. Particularly for the web platform in the making of Banking security of Account security, data hiding and cryptography is used. Java has captured the domain till now due to its security privileges and enhanced functionality like encryption, authentication etc. Python also capable of performing more or less similar and lots of open source packages are still now developed by different brilliant developers.
- Let we come to the point to our daily used device-Mobile. Java, till now the dominates the market by providing the official programming language for Android or iOS. But Python still now have no access in it through mobile applications can be developed using Python, but it still under process.
- In the recent era, Big Data, Data Mining and Data Science like topics have emerged the market for their different kind of operations and applications like fetching of data from the data warehouse or native database. For example, in the Stock Market, there is an immense of data available which need to be analyzed and visualized in real time. Python provides the immense and integrated support them as it is rich in this aspect. To do these in Java its little bit hectic and java does not provide a smooth library for this.
- While talking about the legacy matters, Python is a little bit in the back compared to Java. As in the present system holds the maximum of its application developed in Java, the organization are little but curious of utilizing the second option.
- The world had mostly faced the language like Java for its each and every development and so to the architecture. It is surely a matter of skill how they are made or designed and what are the aspects. As Java and Python deals is the same way in open source platform, the reuse and integration of the framework and libraries almost became the same issue.
As both two languages have their own pros and cons in some of the relevant topics and features and they are suitable for different respective work as observed in latest analysis, this will make a strong decision which one should be used and other not. Perhaps right now we cannot say this as Java is now being used widely for development and so for the python except some of the relevant fields. But we can differ the domain of work by their attributes such as for web development and security, let it be done by Java but while considering the Data analysis, Data Science and others, Python will be preferred.