Spring XD announces the
Spring XD 1.0.0.Milestone 5 release. You can download it from here. According to Spring XD 1.0.0.M5 Released, Spring XD is a unified, distributed, and extensible system for real time analytics, batch processing, data injection and data export. The
1.0.0.Milestone 5 release provides new features to solving big data problems, as described below:
- There are pre-defined batch jobs for importing JDBC to HDFS.
- It offers additional job shell commands so as to controll batch jobs and get reports from batch jobs.
- It introduces Hadoop Dataset Avro sink to store Java classes that are sent as the payload on the stream, using the Kite SDK.
- HDFS sink now supports codecs (gzip, snappy, bzip2, lzo) and control is provided over file naming.
- JMS source module now supports Topics in addition to Queues.
- Gemfire Locators are supported more strongly.
- Aggregator module is introduced for batching. It supports a backing message store for checkpointing the event stream either to memory, Redis, or a relational database.
- Separate control and data transport protocols are supported
- The XD servers are now built on top of Spring Boot
A Mac user may install Spring XD, with the use of Homebrew by executing the following commands:
$ brew tap pivotal/tap $ brew install springxd
Get ready to program in a whole new way!
Functional Programming in Java will help you quickly get on top of the new, essential Java 8 language features and the functional style that will change and improve your code. This short, targeted book will help you make the paradigm shift from the old imperative way to a less error-prone, more elegant, and concise coding style that’s also a breeze to parallelize. You’ll explore the syntax and semantics of lambda expressions, method and constructor references, and functional interfaces. You’ll design and write applications better using the new standards in Java 8 and the JDK.