Spring XD announces the
Spring XD 1.0.0.Milestone 5 release. You can download it from here. According to Spring XD 1.0.0.M5 Released, Spring XD is a unified, distributed, and extensible system for real time analytics, batch processing, data injection and data export. The
1.0.0.Milestone 5 release provides new features to solving big data problems, as described below:
- There are pre-defined batch jobs for importing JDBC to HDFS.
- It offers additional job shell commands so as to controll batch jobs and get reports from batch jobs.
- It introduces Hadoop Dataset Avro sink to store Java classes that are sent as the payload on the stream, using the Kite SDK.
- HDFS sink now supports codecs (gzip, snappy, bzip2, lzo) and control is provided over file naming.
- JMS source module now supports Topics in addition to Queues.
- Gemfire Locators are supported more strongly.
- Aggregator module is introduced for batching. It supports a backing message store for checkpointing the event stream either to memory, Redis, or a relational database.
- Separate control and data transport protocols are supported
- The XD servers are now built on top of Spring Boot
A Mac user may install Spring XD, with the use of Homebrew by executing the following commands:
$ brew tap pivotal/tap $ brew install springxd