JArchitect version 4.0 is now available, as announced by JArchitect v4.0 Released. JArchitect can help java developers manage a complex Java code base. You can easily analyze code structure, specify design rules, do effective code reviews and master evolution by comparing different versions of the code.
On its previous version, v3.0, which was released in September 2012, features like the new CQLinq query language and Mac support were introduced. Version 4.0 includes extra features, as introduced below:
- There is a new dashboard panel, showing the state of the current code base, as well as providing a comparison to a baseline.
- Monitoring trends on 50 default “Trend Metrics” as well as custom trend metrics. These can be displayed through Trend Charts.
- XML result files can be imported from Pmd, FindBugs, CheckStyle, and other Java static analysis tools, with the new intergrating plug-in.
- With the use of filters we can focus on recent rules violations that occur when elements are re-factored or added.
- Rules, queries and even all violated rules can be listed according to common criteria.
- There have been added UI enhancements and the menu is now organized in a more modern way.
- Enhanced and redesigned reports include trend metrics charts and more information.
The new features are included in the documentation, along with comprehensive descriptions of them. A 14 day free trial is offered by the JArchitect website. Last but not least, JArchitect is free for Open Source Java Contributors.