We are pleased to announce that we have once again teamed up with Packt Publishing and we are organizing another Android book giveaway just for you!
As you have noticed, we love Android programming and of course Android game development here at Java Code Geeks. So, we are thrilled to have some Andengine books to give you!
The book we are referring to is “AndEngine for Android Game Development Cookbook“, written by Jayme Schroeder and Brian Broyles.
5 lucky winners will have the chance to win a copy of Packt’s book on Android (ebook and print format). Read along to find more details about the contest.
Overview of the book
- Step by step detailed instructions and information on a number of AndEngine functions, including illustrations and diagrams for added support and results
- Learn all about the various aspects of AndEngine with prime and practical examples, useful for bringing your ideas to life
- Improve the performance of past and future game projects with a collection of useful optimization tips
- Structure your applications in a manner that provides a smooth flow from splash screen to level selection, to game play
What you will learn from this book
- Create your ultimate Android games with ease using recipes that take advantage of AndEngine’s powerful framework and extensions.
- Make your games playable across a vast range of devices by implementing multi-touch, performance-optimizations, and accurate, screen-resolution scaling.
- Construct a customizable, front-end framework that simplifies menu and level creation.
- Use the Box2D extension to generate realistic, physics-based gameplay and simulations.
- Take advantage of source code for a full-featured game built with AndEngine.
- Make the most of vector-based graphics with AndEngine’s SVG extension.
- Build animated, responsive Live-Wallpapers for Android’s home screen using the AndEngine’s Live-Wallpaper extension.
- Control every aspect of interaction that players have with your games by managing the Android application lifecycles.
How to Enter?
Just send an email here using as subject “Packt AndEngine Book Giveaway“. An empty email will do, It’s that simple! Optionally in your email, you may mention your postal address so that Packt may send you the book in print format.
The contest will close on Tuesday 21 February 2013 PT. Winners will be contacted by email, so be sure to use your real email address!
Packt is also looking out for reviewers and have 5 additional e-copies of the book as a give away to anybody who can review the book for them on Amazon and Goodreads. If you are interested, please shoot me an e-mail and I will get you in contact with Packt’s representatives directly.
Please spread the news! The larger the number of participants the more people will be eligible for getting discounts on best-selling Packt’s books!
Don’t forget, sharing is caring!Related Whitepaper:
App Inventor is an easy and fun way for the uninitiated to learn about computer programming, and is at the same time a productive!
For most, the underlying technology that makes an app tick is shrouded in mystery. This has been a boon for programming experts and has spurned a very profitable niche for professional programmers who are paid to research, develop, and build these apps. But what if you have an idea for the next big thing – or even the next little thing for that matter? Well, now there is hope for non-programmers. Recently, thanks to a collaboration between Google and MIT, the world of mobile app creation has been opened to everyone with App Inventor!