A few days ago SpringSource announced that the 4.0 version of the popular Spring framework is on the road. The next iteration will be Spring Framework 4.0!
As SpringSource states, the focus of the upcoming version is on “emerging enterprise themes in 2013 and beyond”:
- Support for Java SE 8 Spring applications
- Configuring and implementing Spring-style applications using Groovy 2
- Support for key Java EE 7 technologies (like JMS 2.0, JPA 2.1, Servlet 3.1, JCache etc.)
- Support for WebSocket-style application architectures (support for JSR-356 compliant runtimes)
- Fine-grained eventing and messaging within the application (using listener mechanisms)
- Removing the fat by pruning deprecated features
According to the roadmap, there will be another one-year iteration so that the framework will reach 4.0 GA by the end of 2013. A first Spring Framework 4.0 milestone will be released as early as April. Unitl then, you may check some of our Spring tutorials.
So brace yourselves everyone, Spring 4.0 is coming!Related Whitepaper:
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition is a widely used platform for enterprise server programming in the Java programming language.
This book covers exciting recipes on securing, tuning and extending enterprise applications using a Java EE 6 implementation.The book starts with the essential changes in Java EE 6. Then they will dive into the implementation of some of the new features of the JPA 2.0 specification, and look at implementing auditing for relational data stores.They will then look into how they can enable security for their software system using Java EE built-in features as well as using the well-known Spring Security framework. They will then look at recipes on testing various Java EE technologies including JPA, EJB, JSF, and Web services.Next they will explore various ways to extend a Java EE environment with the use of additional dynamic languages as well as frameworks.At the end of the book, they will cover managing enterprise application deployment and configuration, and recipes that will help you debug problems and enhance the performance of your applications.