Below is the list of the top 10 most popular new Eclipse plugins that did not existing on Marketplace in April 2011 but are now very popular in April 2012.
- Maven integration with WTP. Also #4 on the most popular chart
2. JSDT jQuery
- jQuery autocompletion support for Eclipse JSDT
- Groovy IDE
4. ZK Studio
- Eclipse plugin for ZK framework
- Running a web application in Eclipse should be as simple as ‘clicking run’.
- UML class and sequence diagram editor
- Eclipse plugin for Perforce code management
- Extends CDT to show more context around C/C++ brackets
- Imitate vim within Eclipse editors
- Inspect, understand and debug Java bytecode
Improve software development by passing along shared knowledge and best practices.
One of the biggest challenges in application development today is how to factor in application-specific information. The answer lies in the ability to capture application evolution and developers' knowledge of building and extending the application as metadata so that it's not lost in time or translation. Once that can be done effectively, the combination of the application code along with application-specific metadata can be meaningfully packaged into reusable software asset modules. This white paper will discuss how 'Application Factories' can transform an IDE to play a central role in capturing both the application evolution and the developers' knowledge.