* How to use Scala and Lucene to create a basic search application: A quick quide how to use Scala and Lucene to create a basic search application. The example is based off a Twitter analysis app. Also check An Introduction to Lucene for Full-Text search.
* LiveRebel 1.0: No-Downtime Production Updates: This article presents LiveRebel, a tool that aims to alleviate downtime and lost sessions in server deployment automation.Since server deployment automation is the exception rather than the rule, LiveRebel seems quite promising.
* A Deep Dive Into Location: A must read article for Android developers that wish to create location based apps. It provides tips on how to quickly retrieve location information, how to work offline, how to preserve battery life etc. Also check out Android Location Based Services Application – GPS location in our Android tutorials section.
* Pragmatic Software Architecture and the Role of the Architect: A nice presentation introducing software architecture and the role of the architect in software development along with techniques, tips and resources to help one get started thinking as an architect.
* Performance is a Feature: The title is rather obvious but this is a nice article that explains how the slightest difference in performance might affect a site’s popularity. On top of that, a number of tips and optimizations is presented.
* 25 Linux Server Hardening Tips: A very useful list of tips on how to harden your Linux server. Make sure that you have followed these suggestions in order to secure your Linux server.
* Message Driven Beans in Java EE 6: A detailed example on how to use Message Driven Beans (MDB) in Java EE 6. If you are planning to use MDBs in your application server, make sure to take a look at it before hand.
* How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Hibernate: This article presents the good, bad and ugly of Hibernate which can certainly lead to a love-hate relationship!
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for more, here at JavaCodeGeeks.