* Stuff to Watch from Google IO 2011: A nice collection of presentation performed at the Google IO 2011. The suggested videos are scalability and architecture related, featuring App Engine, GWT and Google Docs API among others.
* Software Development is not Just Coding: As the title suggests, this article talks about things other than hardcore coding. Quality assurance via Unit testing, operations and maintenance, feature planning are all issues that should be taken under consideration.
* The Concurrency Myth: A fresh approach on concurrency and programming for multi-core processors. The author argues that it might not be so essential for all developers to jump on the “concurrency wagon”.
* The paradox of the benign data race: On the same matter, this post explains some findings of a Microsoft paper on data races. A data race might not be so bad for your application after all.
* How to improve JPA performance by 1,825%: Must read article for every developer that has ever worked with JPA. Discusses various optimizations like batch writing, caching, sequence pre-allocation and others.
* Beginning Android Development: An introductory presentation to Android development, showing where the start, the tools needed, how to build the first app, how to deploy it, along with mobile development lessons. After this, don’t forget to check out our Android development tutorials.
* 101 Questions to Ask When Considering a NoSQL Database: If you are considering the use of a NoSQL database, make sure to ask yourself these questions first.
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for more, here at JavaCodeGeeks.