* Debuging from dumps: A detailed article on how to analyze memory usage using a heap dump from the JVM. The available dump types are discussed, how to obtain a dump from an IBM/Oracle JRE is explained and finally it is shown how to analyze the data. Seriously, don’t miss this.
* Model Driven Development and Domain Specific Language Best Practices: A short article discussing some of the best practices regarding Model Driven Development (MDD) and Domain Specific Languages (DSL). Also, don’t forget to check out our older articles Using the State pattern in a Domain Driven Design and Domain Driven Design with Spring and AspectJ.
* Concurrent and Distributed Applications with Spring: A must read presentation on using Spring to develop concurrent and distributed apps, covering topics such as: asynchronous execution, intra-process, inter-process and inter-JVM communication. .
* Parallel Programming Patterns: Data Parallelism: A presentation regarding several data parallelism patterns, including related Java, C# and C++ libraries from Intel and Microsoft, comparing it with other forms of parallelism such as actor programming. Also, check out our related article Java Fork/Join for Parallel Programming.
* Still No Silver Bullets: An article where the author discusses some project management pitfalls and probvide some insights on how agile methods could be used to mitigate the difficulties of writing software. Also, check out some Agile software development recommendations for users and new adopters and how to Save money from Agile Development.
* JDK 7: New Interfaces, Classes, Enums, and Methods: The number of online articles talking about the new Java release is steadily increasing and this one is a very nice summary of some new stuff (interfaces, classes, etc.) that are included in the forthcoming JDK. Also check our article A glimpse at Java 7 MethodHandle and its usage.
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for more, here at JavaCodeGeeks.