* REST and the Web as a Platform: An interview with Subbu Allamaraju (a Yahoo! architect) who talks about real life RESTful architectures and describes a pragmatic approach of adopting the Web as an integration platform.
* Configuration Enhancements in Spring 3.1: A presentation discussing the configuration enhancements coming in Spring 3.1: unified property management, bean definition profiles, nested elements, c: namespace, Grails BeanBuilder integration.
* Doing Big Deployments That Don’t Suck: A nice article providing some insights and tips on how to perform deployments (in no agile environments).
* Password hashing and salting: Nice introduction on password security and how to handle your user’s passwords in case you have the responsibility to store them.
* Android Series: Download files with Progress Dialog: Tutorial on how to download files in Android displaying at the same time download progress based on the bytes downloaded. Very helpful!
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for more, here at JavaCodeGeeks.
Author David Gassner explores Java SE (Standard Edition), the language used to build mobile apps for Android devices, enterprise server applications, and more!
The course demonstrates how to install both Java and the Eclipse IDE and dives into the particulars of programming. The course also explains the fundamentals of Java, from creating simple variables, assigning values, and declaring methods to working with strings, arrays, and subclasses; reading and writing to text files; and implementing object oriented programming concepts. Exercise files are included with the course.