Martin Thompson and Michael Barker talk about building a HPC financial system handling over 100K TPS at less than 1ms latency by having a new approach to infrastructure and software. Some of the tips include:
- Understand the platform
- Model the domain
- Create a clear separation of concerns
- Choose data structures wisely
- Run business logic on a single thread
Related Articles :
- Java Best Practices – DateFormat in a Multithreading Environment
- Java Best Practices – High performance Serialization
- Java Best Practices – Vector vs ArrayList vs HashSet
- Java Best Practices – String performance and Exact String Matching
- Java Best Practices – Queue battle and the Linked ConcurrentHashMap
- Java Best Practices – Char to Byte and Byte to Char conversions
Get ready to program in a whole new way!
Functional Programming in Java will help you quickly get on top of the new, essential Java 8 language features and the functional style that will change and improve your code. This short, targeted book will help you make the paradigm shift from the old imperative way to a less error-prone, more elegant, and concise coding style that’s also a breeze to parallelize. You’ll explore the syntax and semantics of lambda expressions, method and constructor references, and functional interfaces. You’ll design and write applications better using the new standards in Java 8 and the JDK.