Continuing our tutorials on Android here at JavaCodeGeeks, I am going to provide a number of articles on how to build a full Android application from scratch. The app will mainly be useful for performing movies and actors lookups.
The TMDb API will be used for searching and links at the mobile version of IMDB will be provided. All the app development lifecycle will be presented and useful tips will be given along the way. Stay tuned!
List of Parts
- Part 1: Main Activity UI
- Part 2: Using the HTTP API
- Part 3: Parsing the XML response
- Part 4: Performing the API request asynchronously from the main activity
- Part 5: Launching new activities with intents
- Part 6: Customized list view for data presentation
- Part 7: Using options menus and customized dialogs for user interaction
- Part 8: Creating an AppWidget for the home screen
We have created a dedicated section to maintain all of our Android development tutorials.
- You can find all Android core development articles to our Android Core Tutorials section
- You can find all Android game development articles to our Android Game Tutorials section
- Android Text-To-Speech Application
- Android Reverse Geocoding with Yahoo API – PlaceFinder
- Android Location Based Services Application – GPS location
- Install Android OS on your PC with VirtualBox
- Embracing the Android awesomeness: A quick overview
- Android ScrollView Example
- Example of fragments in Android
- Example of Progress Bar in Android
- Example of Spinner in Android
- Android Service Example
Create mobile apps for Android phones and tablets faster and more easily than you ever imagined
Use 'Processing', the free, award-winning, graphics-savvy language and development environment, to work with the touchscreens, hardware sensors, cameras, network transceivers, and other devices and software in the latest Android phones and tablets.